Time to fire up the grill and enjoy the outdoors?
Take the time to clean and protect your grill for years of enjoyment. Here are a few time saving cleaning tips to care for your unit.
How to Clean Cast Iron Burner Grates
- Remove each burner grate and place each one in a plastic bag.
- Add a cup of ammonia to each bag, then top off with enough water to cover the entire grate when it’s lying flat.
- Tie the bag shut so the ammonia and water cannot leak out. Using Ziploc bags will make this much easier.
- Allow the grates to sit in the ammonia and water mixture overnight.
- Open each bag the next day and carefully dispose of the ammonia solution according to label directions. AVOID BREATHING IN FUMES AND KEEP IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.
- Scrub any remaining spots with the scrubbing pad. They should come off easily.
- Rinse well with water.
- Dry with a towel.
How to Clean Stainless Steel
Bar Keepers Friend is the best way we have found to keep your stainless steel appliances looking new.
If these suggested tips do not solve the problem, call Advanced Appliance Services (912) 756-4474 for fast professional appliance repair.
Cited: barkeepersfriend.com, howtocleanthings.com 4/2012