Microwave maintenance is easy and extends the life of the unit. Here are some preventative maintenance tips for your microwave.
- Read and fully understand the safety and maintenance instructions listed in the owner’s manual.
- Always use microwave safe containers.
- Do not use aluminum foil or anything with metal on it (unless your microwave specifically allows it). Check your owner’s manual.
- Do not overcook the food in the microwave.
- When heating liquids make sure lid is vented.
- Avoid spills and splatters inside the microwave.
- Wipe the microwave clean after every use.
- Wash the microwave regularly, once a week is recommended. Dried food that is not cleaned up can harden and will eventually act as a metal when not cleaned. If this happens it will be just like putting tin foil in the microwave it will spark and burn the cavity of the unit. If dried food items get stuck on the inside of the microwave, boil a few cups of water (about 5 minutes) to create steam. The steam generated will soften up the dried debris, which can be then wiped away. For added cleansing add 1 cup of vinegar or lemon juice.
- Wipe the seal off with a wet rag and dry it thoroughly.
- Never slam or hang on the door of a microwave/over the counter microwave.
If these suggested tips do not solve the problem, call Advanced Appliance Services at (912) 756-4474 for fast professional appliance repair.
Sited: FLEETAPPLIANCE CORP, LANDERS APPLIANCE, HOWTOCLEANANYTHING.COM April 2012